The “Podere Nigriano” farm was bought in 1936 by the knight engineer Domenico Cangia, from its previous owner, the Countess Tassoni. Since then, the Architecht Elisa Cangia has run the business, then it passed on to her daughter Isotta. Nowadays, Isotta’s son Maurizio is running the farm.
Currently, the farm covers an area of almost 7.5 hectares
which is almost completely planted with olive trees. In 2016, a small cherry
orchard of 120 trees was planted. In this land, there are many others fruit
plants such as grapes, apple trees, almond trees, and lemon trees, as well as a
small vegetable garden to grow seasonal vegetables. In 2016 the farm started to
convert to organic agriculture.
2018 is a key date for the family business, the Agriturismo Podere Nigriano was indeed opened. It has been built from the old buildings of the original farm: the barn and the house of the keepers. There are 5 locations, which can accomodate up to 14 people. Everything has been built by cutting down the environmental impact to the minimum, completely surrounded by the olive grove, elegantly but informally fournished and with a beautiful view over the Bay of Salò, which will make your time spent here, even more wonderful.